Scaled image 5..jpg

June 27, 2020 sowing Set 5

Peniocereus greggii SNL1 max germination count = 11     Count Sept 19 = 38   Astrophytum capricorne max germination count = 75              Count Sept 19 = 79
Echinocereus triglochidiatus max germination count = 33  Count Sept 19 = 57   Escobaria missouriensis SNL155 max germination count = 82  Count Sept 19 = 105

Two weeks later. Here are some really odd numbers. I obviously stopped counting germinations some days before I had done so for the previous 4 sets. Sorry. I can't remember what happened and I didn't write any explanation. I hadn't noticed this until I organized this article. I really hadn't thought this entire thing through before I started. I decided to just wing it and see what I learned for a better run for next year's Labor Day show. The overall germination of the P. greggii (the Sept 19 number) is suddenly getting really good. The A. capricorne look much better than their older brethren; they're fatter-looking. The Escobaria missouriensis population has more members. Recall that the maximum expected germination is the original 150 seeds counted out for each seeding in the 4th cell of each of the 8 sets. (The white numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 are discernible on the left hand of the farthest cell walls.) The Echinocereus triglochidiatus are getting fatter than the Escobaria missouriensis, even though the two still look very much alike. The size differentiation of the P. greggii seedlings in Cell #1 is getting pronounced.

   (5/8)   

<<Prev       Index       Next>>